To The Fort and Back

This has been Spring Break week, so Jake and I headed to Fort Worth to see my family. I apologize in advance for the large number of pictures, but there were so many I wanted to include! I hear from the fans that the captions make it worth it, though. I try.

Over the (Red) River...

... and through the (east Texas) woods... Granna and Grandude's house we go!
(With a lap full of toys!)

After 30 minutes he got bored with the toys.

We stopped in Texarkana for a car picnic.
We even put down a blanket to avoid
spillage on the new car seat.

It's fun to picnic in the Target parking lot.

As we left Texarkana, someone had a scarecrow as a passenger.

Chillin' in the back seat.

Neither of the restrooms we stopped at had a changing table.
Fortunately, this one had some kind of industrial metal table.
(Wow. Both of those sentences were exactly the same length!)
(And so was that one!)

He got bored again. This time to the left side.

There was a completely useless tarp.

A little car fun.
(And as I said in the video, I was just holding the
camera over my shoulder. So only slightly dangerous.)

Then... We made it!

Playing music with Grandude while waiting to
go to church on Sunday morning.

Jake composed a symphony while we played in the bedroom during my parents' Bible study Sunday night.

He knows to look at the camera and
smile even if nobody is behind it!

We celebrated Grandude's birthday on Monday.

Hey! My dog has one of those too!

More interested in the candles than the camera.

Helping Grandude blow out the candles.

Practicing some standing.

"Hi mama! Why are you letting these people dress me?"

On Wednesday, my mom, Jake, and I went down to the Fort Worth Stockyards, an extremely touristy part of town...
We tried on a variety of hats:

The kids cowboy hat.

The engineer hat.

The gamblin' hat.

Then Jake rode in the stagecoach.

He offered Granna a ride too.

Then Jake drove the stagecoach.

Then Mama had to get in on the act.

Jake got on a wagon trailer thing.

And sat by the wheels.

He got to ride his first mechanical horse (?)
I don't know what those things are called.
It's probably some obvious name.
Like the time I forgot the word "xylophone".
(I called it a hammer piano thing.)

And then Jake drove another stagecoach.

Lastly we visited the longhorn pen.
It was tough being Aggies and all.

That afternoon we went to visit Great Grammy.
We love Great Grammy!

And Thursday we came home.
This is my favorite bridge on all of I-30.
It's in Dallas.

Here we are enjoying Car Picnic #2.
It was at a gas station in Sulphur Springs, TX.

And this happened. Again.

And when we got home, Daddy had put together the wagon Jake got for his birthday! We took it on its first outing today! Pictures will come very soon.


  1. So cute! Love all the pics.