A Day Off

Everyone was off for Memorial Day so we had a nice day together.

I was out on the front porch and Jake and Jack were watching me.

Jake found the blinds today, so we got to look outside.

He has discovered his cheeseball smile.

Randomly throughout the day he has started doing this
thing with his hands that I call The Moose. It's pretty funny.

This afternoon we went over to Wes and Candice's house for some grillin'. Candice said for Jake to bring his swimsuit. The last time he was in a pool looked like this:

5 months old.

When I first put him in the pool, he SCREAMED! There were also four bigger kids in there plus the water was cold, so we took a break until they all got out. I later eased him into the cold water and he eventually got used to it.

Ok, this is fun!

Hi Mama!

This isn't so bad!

Hey! I can splash here like in the bathtub!

Yay swimming pool!

Gah! There's water in my face!

Chillin' outside the pool.

Playing with Daddy before dinner.

Jake's first hot dog.

Cheesing with Mimi.

Mimi, I know you want to eat this!

I don't really know what was going on here, but
it's hilarious, because he doesn't point like that ever.

Trying on his summer hat.

He didn't want to keep his America hat on.

Cutie boy.

And just before he left I put him in the Bumbo. All of the other 5 kids that were there had been in it at one point in the evening. He was the only one whose legs didn't fit in it. The oldest kid in it was five.

0 comments: