I Will Get Better At This

I have so many things I want to post about, but have been so lazy. We're so busy right now. We're closing on a house on Friday and moving in on Saturday. Yeah. Never mentioned that, did I? Jon's mom gave me her car and I sold my darling. There will definitely be a post about that, but I haven't gotten around to it. Even though it was three weeks ago. There have been weird nature-y things around our apartment building. Haven't shown you those either.
I plan to catch up, but I don't know when. We're packing all week this week, and our cable and internet won't be hooked up at the new house until Thursday. If you know me, then you know I thought this could be a huge problem in regards to fall television premieres next week, but luckily not much is actually going on yet. We (or at least I) will have to go to someone's house on Sunday night to watch the Emmy Awards. Super important. Other than that, I'll survive. Dancing With the Stars premieres over Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday, but I can live without seeing those. A bunch of my shows premiere Thursday (Earl, Office, ER [Hallelujah for the last season!], Survivor, and Grey's Anatomy) but we'll be set by then.
The important thing I wanted to post tonight was baby related, of course, since that's all I seem to say recently. I'll get back to the good ol' random posting like before, I promise. I went to the doctor yesterday for my 4 monthish checkup and took D, which was an adventure in and of itself. Last month I heard the heartbeat, which was pretty cool, but I didn't get to tape it because I didn't know the doctor was going to do it in the exam room with basically a microphone with a tiny speaker. So this month I was ready, but Fetus was all ready to avoid the mic. Stage fright.




Clearly, Fetus wouldn't stay still. Headless Doctor started out looking for it and found it around 13-17 seconds into the video, then Fetus made a run for it. He found it again around 40-44 seconds into the video, and Doctor informed me that "He's really active." Thanks, doc. As if I didn't know.
And speaking of "he", I'm a little mad. I figured all of this time that we'd be finding out the gender at next month's appointment, around 19 weeks. But nooooooooooo. Doctor said there are things they like to look at that aren't really visible until around 22 weeks, so we have to wait until November. Boo! I just want to know now! What are you gonna do though?
Well, I'll be taking another fruit/vegetable picture this weekend for my 4 month picture, but don't know when I'll get it up. I'll keep you on your toes, but don't hold your breath. Fainting from on your toes is probably worse than fainting flat-footed.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get to find Hannah's sex until I was 23 weeks. I was so anxious and everyone thought I should have known before and would ask me all the time! I know this time that I will have to wait! But it is still no fun!

  2. Congrats on the new house! Where is it? You are staying busy!!! Don't forget to relax and sleep some though! :)

  3. I saw some of the cute $1 halloween stuff at Target you were referring to, just buy one of each :) It's only a $1 after all. November will be here before you know it, I promise. And since it's a girl, it will only be that much easier to say yep no little boy parts there.

  4. I need to hear more about your house, the car, and of course, the baby! I will be eagerly awaiting info in November. I have been praying for you a lot.