I Have a Blueberry For A Daughter... or Son

That WAS going to be the title to my post, but I liked it so much, I'm using it anyway. Well guess what? We're having a baby! Woo! Up until we went to the doctor yesterday, I, having used the traditional methods of determining due date, thought I was seven weeks pregnant. There's this awesome thing online that tells what fruit or vegetable the baby is close to in size, and at week seven, it's a blueberry. So I thought that'd be a funny title. (I'm hoping someone out there knows what that comes from.) However, after the doctor visit, I was told that, as of today, I'm six weeks pregnant. Whatever. Now the baby's back to being a measly little lentil bean. Hmph.
After ultrasound and examinations and blood tests and criminal background checks, they have given us the due date of March 6, 2009.* As soon as he said March 6th, I said, "Hey! That's 3-6-9!" I think it's awesome. Shut up. I'll have a little mathy baby. It would be even more awesome if it was born on its due date at 12:15. You know. 3-6-09 12:15! Yeah right. Another day I'll post the pictures of us telling family, but for now you'll have to just be happy with the ultrasound.

I like that the way it's positioned it actually looks like a tiny person. I know that's other stuff in there, but it still looks cool. (It's the little white thing on the left side of the black hole in my uterus.) The tech found the heartbeat, which my friend Alisa told me is extremely rare this early. The baby was in just the right position to get it. My baby already rules.
I've been very lucky so far, but at the same time careful not to brag. I really haven't been sick at all, just really tired. I know it will come back and get me in another way later, but I'm happy to avoid that part at least. Speaking of tired, I'm going to get ready for bed. Good night y'all!

Oh, and here's one of these things:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

* The number of weeks pregnant I am didn't correspond with the due date that they gave me. They said I was 5 weeks 6 days, yesterday, putting today 6 weeks and me therefore due on a Tuesday. However, March 6th is a Friday. So we're just going with that. That's why the ticker job says 6 weeks 4 days.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Ashley!! I know you and John are very excited.

  2. Congrats to you guys!! That is so exciting!

  3. We are so excited for you! Congratulations!!

  4. It's from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Do I win a prize?

  5. Yay!! I am so excited for you guys! You will be an awesome mommy! :)

  6. Congratulations!!! We are excited for you. You will be great parents!

  7. Congrats, I can't believe you didn't have your camera last night to catch all of our reactions! HA!!

  8. Yay!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! --Kathy

  9. Congratulations!!! I just now saw your blog with this great bews... I am so excited for you. I pray you will have a great pleasant pregnancy. God Bless!

  10. Congrats!! I can't wait for more pictures!!!

  11. I KNOW, I KNOW! Willy Wonka & the chocolate Factory, not to be confused with Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. :)

    Congrats on the blueberry, which now is more like a grape, eh?

  12. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!! Of course you know how excited we are here in Katy- sounds like a news coverage thing to say- and congrats on the perfect title for announcing your pregnancy posting. Love it and you.